Monday, March 18, 2013

Today was by far the most shocking, eye-opening day of my life. I had been hearing about what Haiti was like long before I agreed to go on this trip, yet nothing could have prepared me for what we passed driving from the airport to the guesthouse. And that was only a 15 minute drive. Today I was humbled beyond words as I thought about every single little detail of my life that I worry about daily, and then I saw how these people live their lives. I have life made compared to the living conditions here. I am so blessed and even after just a few hours of being here, I know I will never look at life the same ever again. Despite the rough conditions, the children all seem so happy and I could not be more excited about the upcoming week getting to love these kids!
--Lauren


                                  This is the group taking a tour of the neighborhood with Max.


When we arrived in Haiti I was overcome with feelings of joy and happiness. This is my third trip to Haiti and it feels like home. The smells, the people, and the sounds were so welcoming. Even though it smells really bad, I have come to embrace it because I have come to love this country. The streets were so much cleaner than when I was here last and I can see God is answering this country's cry for help. I am looking forward to loving on the Haitian children and spreading the love of Christ this week.
--Olivia F.











1 comment:

  1. God love you, girls! Lauren and Lisa, I'm thinking of you and your group. I didn't know about this trip, but I'm glad I do now! A life-changer, for sure.

    ReplyDelete