Friday, June 13, 2014

Beach Day with Shalom Orphanage



Our team shared a lovely day at Wahoo Bay with the children and staff of Shalom Orphanage . Haiti's mountains & clear turquoise beaches reflect the beauty that lies within the hearts of each child we played with today. It was a day of discovery for everyone as we saw sea urchins, blow fish, jelly fish, lobster, hermit crabs and mini sword fish (not sure what they were).

After spending an hour behind the camera lens it was time to "experience" the day. I sat near one of the young boys playing in the shallow for awhile. I noticed one of the older boys sitting near me. He was staring intently at the teens horsing around on the large Rave/rope swing in the deep. I saw mischief and longing lingering in his dark brown eyes. I was certain he was an adventurous spirit. Yet, I sensed he had learned to curb these lively desires and maintain a responsible, quiet demeanor as the eldest of the orphanage. As soon as I asked him if he wanted me to swim him out to the structure a fire ignited in his eyes and he smiled ear to ear. His delight became my delight. It causes me to reflect that certainly our delight becomes our Heavenly Father's delight.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment